In order to protect those who attend our events and to ensure everyone is comfortable, we ask that anyone attending any of our events follows the following few rules:
- Respect the confidentiality of people attending;
(Not everyone may be “out” to everyone they know)
- Respect people’s names and pronouns
- Respect people’s privacy – do not take pictures or video without explicit permission
- Do not participate in behaviour likely to upset or offend others.
Abusive behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Give good notice to other people before discussing topics likely to upset people,
such as mental health and abuse etc, to allow them chance to leave.
- Do not engage in transphobic, homophobic, sexist, racist, ableist
or otherwise discriminatory behaviour, including language
- Do not invalidate, mock or speak over the experiences of others
- Do not use or supply alcohol or other drugs
Attendees who aren’t young trans people
Some of our events, like Friends & Family meetups and public talks etc, welcome those who aren’t young trans people along.
If you are not a young trans person, please do not speak over or invalidate the experiences of young trans people in attendance. Please respect that GenderJam NI spaces are meant to be safe spaces for young trans people.
Do not police people’s identities, ask intimate or personal questions unless explicitly appropriate, or expect young trans people to explain their circumstances, experiences or identity.
- If you upset other attendees or break these rules, you may be asked to leave.
- If you have a suggestion or want to discuss these rules, please get in contact.